- To provide good skill in mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals for a successful career in the field of Civil Engineering.
- To build the knowledge in planning, analysing, designing the structure in efficient manner.
- To provide awareness on lifelong learning and ethics in professional activities.
- To enable graduates to be able to communicate effectively and build the leadership qualities and teamwork for the efficient and flawless Civil Engineering process.
- To enable gratuates to become successful Civil Engineers in order to satisfy the needs of the society in the field of Civil Engineering.
- Engineering Knowledge : An ability to apply the fundamental knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering principles to solve the problems in the field.
- Problem Analysis : An ability to identify, formulae and rectify Civil Engineering problems in the field.
- Design / Development of Solutions : An ability to design and conduct experiments as well as to analyse and interpret data.
- Conduct Investigations of Problems : An ability to conduct investigation, analysis, research methods including design of experiments and synthesis of information to provide better conclusion.
- Modern Tool Usage : An ability to use the modern Civil Engineering tools, techniques, skills for engineering practice.
- The Engineer and Society : An ability to design a safe system, component, or process as per the needs and specifications to meet designed goals considering environmental, social and ethical aspects.
- Environment and Sustainability : An ability to observe the impact of engineering solutions on the society and utilize the knowledge for sustained development.
- Ethics : An ability to understand professional and ethical responsibility.
- Individual and Team Work : An ability to form teamwork and function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Communication: An ability to deliver effective verbal, written and graphical communication.
- Project Management and Finance : An ability to perform economic analysis, resource management and enhance research through engineering and management principles.
- Life-long Learning : Recognize the need of an ability to engage the life-long learning.
At the end of the programme the students will have