FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES (MBA)
The Master of Business Administration is a two year full time programme spread over four semesters and a six month project. The first semester lays the foundation in fundamentals of management. The second semester focuses on the functional areas of management. The third and fourth semesters concentrates on in-depth knowledge in the areas of individual specializations. Specializations are offered in the areas of Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Systems, Operations, Shipping and Logistics. Keeping in mind the complexity of business, all students are required to take up dual specialization.
The MBA programme at DSCE is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. The MBA programme is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
Objectives of the Department
• To facilitate the development of the students into management professionals and entrepreneurs by enabling them to acquire the required technical, human and conceptual skills.
• To make them perceive the importance of significantly contributing to the advancement of the society through their knowledge, skills, human values and entrepreneurship.
• To train the future decision makers of society, FOMS education fosters in students the highest standard of readiness for the 'real world,' in terms of their ability to think, to act and to contribute effectively in their chosen areas of interest.
• Principles of Management
• Statistics for Management
• Economic Analysis For Business
• Total Quality Management
• Organizational Behavior
• Accounting for Management
• Legal Aspects of Business
• Written Communication
• Operations Management
• Financial Management
• Marketing Management
• Human Resource Management
• Information Management
• Applied Operations Research
• Business Research Methods
Data Analysis And Business Modeling
SUMMER INTERNSHIP TRAINING :
Organization study (4 weeks)
• Enterprise Resource Planning
• Strategic Management
• 6 Elective Papers (3 each from 2 specializations)
• Professional Skill Development
Specialization areas: (Dual)
• Shipping, Logistics, HRM, Marketing, Finance, Systems, Operations.
• International Business Management
• Business Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility and Governance
• Creativity & Innovation
• Project Work (6 months)