Mandatory Disclosure w.r.t. RTI Act, 2005
The Right to Information Act, 2005 (22 of 2005) has been enacted by the Parliament and has come into force from 15 June 2005. This Act provides for the right to information for citizens to secure access to information under the control of public authorities in order to promote transparency and accountability in the working of every public authority.
All Universities and Colleges established by law made by Parliament or by State Legislature or by notification by the appropriate Government or owned, controlled, or substantially financed directly or indirectly by funds provided by the Government shall come within the meaning of a Public Authority under this Act. Full text of the act is available on the website https://rti.gov.in/
As an action to abide to the compliance, DHANALAKSHMI SRINIVASAN COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, COIMBATORE, TAMILNADU -641105 constitutes the current RTI Cell as follows:
1. Appellate Authority (AA): Dr.K.Baghirathi, Dean Academic
2. Public information Officer (PIO): All Heads of Academic/Administrative/
3. Assistant Public information Officer (APIO): Prof.G.Saranraj, Vice Principal
Procedure to be Followed:
1. Applications/Appeals under RTI Act shall be received by APIO who will verify and ensure that the application/appeal is in order as per rule.
2. APIO will forward the same forthwith to the concerned PIO(s) for necessary actions for providing the appropriate information. Appeals will be forwarded to Appellate Authority for necessary actions as per rule.
3. PIO(s) will provide the appropriate information to the best of their knowledge and records within stipulated time. PIO(s) can seen support from other staff members as required.
4. All concerned officers and staff members are advised to go through the RTI Act 2005 and other linked State Rules of RTI and their amendments time to time and act accordingly to ensure an uninterrupted functioning of the institution.